Tuesday, June 30, 2015

What Should I Do with Those Scrapbooking Supplies?

So I had these stacks and stacks of scrapbooking supplies and had to decide what to do with them.  I did some research on Etsy and saw that people do sell 12 x 12 scrapbook pages.  But how do they ship them?  That route seemed too complicated for the beginning of my adventure.

 
I gathered my supplies and just started cutting, stamping and gluing and soon some festive little Christmas gift tags had been created. I listed about ten sets in my shop and I was a happy camper.  I was so pleased to have almost half a page filled up.  It took about two weeks to get my first sale.  I was ecstatic!  
 
Decorative gift tags are one of my favorite things to make.  But I've realized that not everyone needs six or ten of the same tag.  So recently I've bagged up an assortment of ten different tags in a grab bag.  Each bag is different and it's a bit of a surprise what each customer will receive. There are baby shower tags, fall tags, teacher appreciation tags, Valentine's Day, wedding or bridal shower tags, birthday gift tags, etc. It's like an All Occasion gift tag supply.


4 comments:

  1. Do you think blank cards might do well too? That's something I buy regularly; I always seem to be popping little notes in the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Karen! They look beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of an "all occasion" pack of tags. And, I think I told you this before - love your new blog and the idea behind it -

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you've restarted your blog. I love reading them instead of mindlessly looking at one thing or another on the internet.

    Read your posts here and looking forward to your next installment.

    ReplyDelete